Cleaning Up After Hurricane Sandy
The Office of Emergency Management recommends that the following guidelines be followed in all clean-up activities:
- Make sure that the environment is safe.
- Check that all utilities are on and have been secured by the utility provider.
- Contact your insurance provider to ensure that all activities stay within guidelines for coverage.
- Register with FEMA at 1-800-621-3362.
Safety When Removing Mold
Resources for Recovering from a Disaster:
- Clean-up Fact Sheet
- NJ Office of Emergency Management
- Food, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Information for Use Before and After a Disaster or Emergency
- Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Christie Administration Urges Precautions on Use of Alternative Heating Devices During Extended Power Outages
- EPA: Hurricanes