The Bergen County Department of Health Services Senior Care Center will be closing on Friday, June 15, 2012. If you have questions about the closeure or referrals, please contact Meg Mantello at 201-634-2651 or MMantello@co.bergen.nj.us.
The Bergen County Department of Health Services Senior Care Center is a social day care program with a caring staff that enhances the quality of life for clients and caregivers. Our elderly loved ones need social outlets that provide continued enrichment and the opportunity to make new friends. Caregivers also need respite from the attention they give their loved ones in order to work and do daily errands.
Our mission is to provide clients with comprehensive quality care through health monitoring, stimulating activities and socialization to help maintain an optimal level of independence. An additional facet of our mission is to provide caregivers with a high standard of professionalism, case management, education and supportive services.
The Senior Care Center offers a day care program designed to meet the needs of frail elderly and caregivers.
Day Care Program:
In answer to the social and recreational needs of its clients, the Senior Care Center provides a wide array of activities from Monday to Friday, every week of the year.
- Caregivers can rest assured in the quality of professional care and supervision clients receive.
- A program coordinator oversees the operations of the center.
- A registered nurse is on hand to monitor clients, ensure administration of prescribed medication and see that dietary needs are met.
- A social worker provides initial assessments and participates in case management.
- A recreational supervisor plans and directs activities.
At the BCDHS Senior Care Center services are designed to meet our client needs:
- Nutritious Continental Breakfast and Complete Lunch
- Structured Recreation Program
- Transportation Assistance
- Podiatry Services
- Hair Salon Services
- Caregiver Support Group
One of the most difficult experiences of adulthood is caring for aging parents or loved ones while raising children, maintaining a household and/or career.
The Senior Care Center can assist caregivers by providing daily relief for those who would like to:
- Enjoy free time
- Visit a friend
- Go shopping
- Handle business matters
- Engage in other activities
Our clients enjoy a caring, secure atmosphere and the following activities:
- Board Games
- Creative Art
- Pet Therapy
- Professional Entertainment
The Bergen County Senior Care Center can provide information on these services and:
- Education for Caregivers
- Special Events
- Intergenerational Program
- Community Outreach
American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging
Dementia Care Central
Meals on Wheels Association of America
The National Council on the Aging
The National Council on the Aging - Benefits Checkup Program
National Family Caregivers Association
Visiting Nurse Associations of America